The keto diet is one of the best diets out there because there are so many great foods that are allowed on the diet! You will be so happy to find out that you can eat bacon, cheese and even desserts on the keto diet! You can try this keto diet lunch recipe at your home.
There is always a lot of focus on the dinners and desserts that you can eat on the keto diet and less of a focus on snacks or on lunch items. Keto is a 24 hour a day eating plan, so knowing who to eat for lunches is just as important as knowing what to eat for dinner!
If you are wondering how to get started planning out keto lunches, this list of the best keto diet lunch recipes will help you get started on your keto diet success!
Best Keto Diet Lunch Recipes to Make
Bacon Egg Muffins
Sometimes getting out of the house can be tough so lunch and breakfast blend together. These great keto muffins make a great keto diet lunch recipe and can also be a breakfast recipe!
- 5 eggs
- ¼ lb crisp bacon crumbled
- 1 C grated cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp red chili pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease muffin tin.
- Crack eggs into mixing bowl.
- Whisk with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the bacon, the cheese, the Italian seasonings and the red chili pepper flakes.
- Divide equally into muffin tin.
- Bake 15 minutes.
This simple and delicious recipe is one of the best keto diet lunch recipes that you can make!
- 8 oz shrimp, peeled deveined
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion, minced
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- Toss shrimp in melted butter.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp to pan and sear for a couple of minutes.
- Move shrimp to a plate.
- Add all the other ingredients to mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and lime juice and toss together.
- Add the shrimp and stir together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Chicken Parmesan Salad
This yummy salad makes a great keto diet lunch recipe!
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts diced
- ½ red onion minced
- ½ C grated Parmesan
- 6 C kale, chopped fine
For the dressing:
- 1/3 C olive oil
- ¼ C white wine vinegar
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Put all dressing ingredients in a jar or a bowl and mix well.
- Toss the kale and the red onion together and mix with half the dressing.
- Add chicken and parmesan and combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Keto Salmon – Keto Diet Lunch Recipe
Salmon is a great keto diet lunch recipe and this version is perfect of meal prep!
- 1 med salmon filet, cut into three pieces
- 2 bunches of asparagus rinsed and trimmed
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ C vegetable broth
- ½ stick butter
- 1 C halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Lemon slices
- Mix halved tomatoes with oil, red onion, salt and pepper.
- Allow to marinate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Wash and trim asparagus.
- Blanch in boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Soak in ice water for a few minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook salmon on both sides until browned.
- Remove and set on a plate.
- Add minced garlic, then deglaze with the broth.
- Add butter, lemon juice, hot sauce and parsley.
- Add the asparagus and toss for a couple of minutes.
- Put salmon back to pan to hear through.
This delicious keto diet lunch recipe is the perfect fit for people who are meal prepping or if you don’t have a lot of time to prep something yummy for your lunch!
- 1 ½ lb skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C almond flour
- ¼ C grated Parmesan
- 3 jalapeno peppers diced finely
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Add chicken, flour, eggs, mozzarella, parmesan, spring onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper toa bowl. Mix well.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat.
- Using large spoon, scoop out chicken mix and move to pan, pressing flat with spoon.
- Fry until golden on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- Make sure not to cook at too hot a temp so they cook through.
- Garnish with more spring onion and your favorite sauces.
You may like this recipe – 5 Keto Lunch Recipes to Keep You Full All Week
These great keto diet lunch recipes are evidence that the keto diet is delicious and easy to follow. You will be so glad that you switched to the diet when you are eating well and still losing weight! If you have wondered if the keto diet is right for you, try these great lunch recipes out and see for yourself how great the keto diet really is!