You may have heard about the keto diet and felt skeptical. How could a diet that allows so many great foods actually work? How could a diet that doesn’t feel like a diet really work? What is keto cake recipe?
For anyone who has ever struggled with a diet, the reasons are pretty standard. The complaints are about lack of available foods, hunger, tiredness, fatigue and many more. The keto diet was originally created to treat health conditions related to seizures, but it was quickly discovered that the diet also had great health benefits related to weight loss.
The keto diet is so great because it allows so many healthy and filling foods that you will not feel like you are dieting when you are adhering to it. With carbs being the only limited food items, many great foods are still open to you. You can have cheese and meats and many other healthy foods without guilt!
Keto Cake Recipe Guide
Perhaps one of the best features of the keto diet, is that you can have desserts, so long as they fit inside the diet’s limitations. Thankfully, there are many desserts that can be made with items that are allowed on the diet. Being allowed fats and milk and cheese allows for some very yummy foods that would not be available on any other diet out there!
If you have ever wondered how on earth you can eat desserts and still stick to your diet, this keto cake recipe will change your mind about everything. You may even discover that your keto dessert recipes are so much better than the original version that you want to make a switch! This chocolate cake is so rich and delicious that you will never want to have a traditional cake ever again!
This yummy keto cake recipe is so good that kids love it and picky eaters can’t tell the difference! It’s really nice to be able to eat it guilt-free as well!
Best Keto Cake Recipe
This recipe is so good that you will never want to eat a basic, boring cake again! Make it for a special occasion or just because, and enjoy it! Use the included keto frosting recipe for guilt-free sweetness!
- ¾ C Salted butter (softened)
- 1 ¾ C Besti Allulose
- ¾ C Unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ C Sour cream
- 6 Large eggs
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- 1 C cocoa powder
- 3 C almond flour
- 1 tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 3 ½ C keto friendly chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line bottom of a 2 9 “ springform pans with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, beat the allulose ad butter together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in almond milk, sour cream and vanilla.
- Divide dough into each pan equally. Level with spatula.
- Bake for 25-35 mins until top is springy and inserted toothpick is clean.
- Cool completely inside pans.
- Use knife to free from the pan.
- Make homemade keto frosting or buy pre-made.
- Layer the cake with frosting in the middle and then frost around the entire thing.
- Add candles if you need them, or fruit or other garnish.
Keto Chocolate Frosting
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ C Monk fruit allulose
- 1 1/.2 C butter softened
- 10 tbsp cocoa powder
- Using hand mixer beat butter for 1 min until fluffy.
- Beat in the cocoa powder, sweetener, and vanilla. Start at low speed and work up to high. Beat at least 30 seconds on high.
- Beat in heavy cream. You can add more as needed. Start at low speed and then beat 30 seconds on high until smooth and fluffy.
Use to top your cake with delicious chocolatey keto frosting!
Keto Vanilla Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese softened and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp butter softened and cut into cubes
- ½ C Powdered allulose or erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- Use hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in sweetener and vanilla.
- Add cream and beat until creamy.
Voila! You have a vanilla frosting to die for that won’t break your diet!
Remember that there are great keto ice cream recipes out there that can be paired with this keto cake recipes for an indulgent and guilt-free keto dessert or party! There are also some really yummy almond milk whipped creams out there that can really make a dessert even better without the added calories and carbs! If you had only known that you could have dessert on the keto diet, I bet you would have made the switch sooner!
Remember that you do not have to use the included frosting recipe and that you can buy pre made keto frosting if you wish. However, the home-made stuff is often the best and you will likely enjoy the cake more with the richer and creamier handmade frosting that the included recipe makes. If you want to just make a naked cake, by all means do that as well. Frosting is not for everyone!
Serve your delicious cake for a birthday, a party, or just make it for a snack to have in the fridge. You can’t go wrong with this decadent and delicious chocolate keto cake recipe!